[MAKE SURE TO READ THIS LINK FIRST IF THIS IS YOUR FIRST TIME VISITING ENGLISH MANIF.]
A half-dozen people have contacted me with concerns that they perceive me as supporting fornication. I want to clarify the following:
1. I oppose fornication. People should ideally be married in order to have sexual relations.
2. I cannot lie when I bear witness. I was not perfect in how I met and courted my wife. I have repented of the fact that I did not wait until marriage and co-habitated with my wife for roughly six months before we were married.
3. I advise anyone reading English Manif not to have sex outside of marriage. But I also want people reading English Manif not to be so paralyzed by fear of sin that they give up on their entire journey.
4. I advise Christians to frame their message positively so people struggling with homosexuality do not hear overwhelmingly negative religious messages about heterosexual sex.
5. I urge Christians to be mindful of the imperfect nature of human beings, and the power of God's love to bring correction to people who have made mistakes or fallen short of the ideals they strive for. I want hope to be the predominant message, not punishment.