Friday, December 20, 2013

The Long War against the Gay Lobby

Well, the Duck Dynasty Drama continues, and I am heartened by how this has galvanized social conservatives. Here's a piece by Eric Erickson that captures the necessary potential for the Phil Robertson flap to goad us into more intelligent discourse: 

http://www.redstate.com/2013/12/18/ultimately-there-will-be-no-option-for-silence-or-the-sidelines-you-will-be-made-to-care/?utm_source=morning%2Bbriefing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=12%2B19%2B2013

As Erickson rightfully points out, those who are pushing the ligbitist agenda aren't interested in resting with one symbolic victory, such as marriage "equality." They want to redefine family and in fact redefine human life, who owns children, how we awaken to our sexual identity, how we love. The LGBT movement is fully totalitarian--or, as Camille Paglia told Laura Ingraham, "Stalinist" and "fascist," if you will.

So it's good that people are angry. It's a good time to pull the old Charlie Chaplin speech off the shelves and dust it off, remembering that sometimes when we think we've reached the apex of civilization, we have actually fallen into a nadir and must tell uncomfortable truths at the podium given to us:



But....

I must confess one of my innermost fears: the phobia of celebrity gossip. Even when public discussion swings in a direction that favors me, if it's based on a celebrity controversy, I get nervous, for a few reasons.


First, celebrities live in another world and are often not what they seem to those of us who aren't public figures (and no, I am not a public figure, despite the fact that ligbitist bloggers use the argument that I am, when they want to engage in utterly uncalled-for defamation). There's always the risk of jumping on a bandwagon in support of some very famous star, only to find out more details and realize that you jumped on a bandwagon with a rotten and out-of-tune band.

Second, the ligbitists are most destructive because they make everything personal, and I fear that if we personalize our struggle against LGBT ideology by picking whom we defend, we feed the ligbitists' belief that the appropriate way to settle differences is by holding up individuals as examples. I'm okay with them politicizing everything, since GLAAD, HRC, SPLC, and company are political lobbying groups. They aren't social clubs. I'm not okay with how much the gay lobby has taken to isolating individuals for personalized abuse and outrage, trying to destroy their careers, investigating them, embarrassing them, cutting them off from people who would love and support them.

It will be a sad thing if social conservatives rally around Phil Robertson because he is a famous character they like on TV, and then once Phil Robertson's situation is resolved, social conservatives forget about the long list of us who remain on GLAAD's "Commentator Accountability Project" list or the Southern Poverty Law Center's "hate map."

I am not the only one on GLAAD's blacklist: alongside me are Maggie Gallagher, Ryan Anderson, Ben Carson, Jennifer Roback-Morse, and a host of people I respect, who speak the truth but are still deemed, officially, persona non grata by a group that dares to call itself "anti-defamation."

I will never forget the day that I received an email notifying me that I had been placed on GLAAD's blacklist. I was terrified of telling anyone. I kept waiting to see whether the president of my university was going to censure me publicly (she didn't.) Reporters from the campus newspaper called me for an interview, asking for reactions to the denunciation by GLAAD--and, I think wisely, I finally said no, I won't be interviewed, because GLAAD is framing me, naming me, dictating an identity (the "antigay" "anti-equality" "homophobic" writer) that isn't who I am, and the more I react to it, the more I fill their empty shells with content.

Since GLAAD placed me on their blacklist, I have heard back from many people who wanted to invite me to speak at their campus or interview me, who have said that their bosses won't allow it, for fear of a GLAAD boycott. While I was getting a larger audience abroad, I was completely erased from the discourse in the United States, at a time when -- at the risk of sounding conceited -- I present a badly needed, and currently invisible, perspective on the hot topic of same-sex parenting. In state after state, organizations claiming to represent gay people repeat the claim that children raised by same-sex couples are happy with their situation, citing social-science research that's been debunked by Loren Marks, Mark Regnerus, and Doug Allen, and ignoring the testimonials from me, Jean-Dominique Bunel, Dawn Stefanowicz, and a host of others who can provide clear specifics explaining why children raised in same-sex households face extraordinary hardships and are often emotionally abused by their gay parents. The growing number of high-profile cases involving abusive gay parents who benefited from gay marriage and adoption rights, then went on to rape, abuse, or murder their children, has also been subject to a massive embargo.

Why are these facts not heard about in the media -- and by this, I include Fox News -- even as they talk endlessly about "LGBT families"? These aren't heard because GLAAD and her sister organizations like the Human Rights Campaign wield tremendous power and can call up executives to mark certain commentators as untouchable.

They did this to me. And America has suffered for it, because Americans know next to nothing about what's really happening in the gay community, or what it's like to have to deal with gay parents. They've gotten a manicured and falsified charade totally detached from reality. And underneath the propaganda there's a brutal machine of intimidation and mafioso thuggery.

I am glad that the Duck Dynasty controversy has awakened people to just how deep and globally pernicious GLAAD and other organizations like it are. They lie and destroy people's lives. They don't help gay people at all. They are run by rich and egocentric Napoleons who want to impose a one-party totalitarian dictatorship on the whole globe. It is that easy for them to destroy a man's life: just issue a press release and bam, the next minute, he's off the air. In my case, I was never famous, so I was "deleted" like a few lines of HTML code.

But it's not enough just to defend Phil Robertson because you are stunned that someone you like could be treated this way. There's a longer war against the whole corpus of organizations like GLAAD, with roots so deep in the courts, in Congress, in the press, in big business, in the State Department, it would make your skin crawl to know the full extent of it. If you are okay with having your skin crawl, start with this post and go backward -- read all 1,000 posts on English Manif, following all the back-up hyperlinks, and you will see how deep this problem is. If you fight only for Phil Robertson, you may win one battle but you'll lose the war, and many of us who have been standing up in the background for years will end up being abandoned like comrades running out of ammo in a theater of war.